Tees Valley Congelese United
> Aims & objectives/Mission statement
The organisation was set up since April 2006
The objects of the organisation are to:
a) Preserve and protect the physical and mental health of its members and their dependants.
b) Set up a spirit of solidarity between members
c) Work on the integration of the members in the British society, includingopportunities for volunteering
d) Establish a network and twining between cities in the DRC and TeesValley.
e) Raise awareness of people about the development of policies in the UK.
f) Relieve poverty among members
g) Promote African culture and art in multiple disciplines in the UK
> Why the organisation was set up?
To bring unity amongst the Congolese community living in Tees Valley and surroundings
> Community served/membership
> Nationality (es) of your membership
> Language(s) spoken by membership
French, English, Lingala
> Past events and activities/projects
- Support “Strangers into Citizens” event in May 2009 in London
- Meeting with the Congolese Resistance Council in the UK, 30 April 2009
- Involved in the Anti deportation campaign in Tees along with other organisations
> Future events and activities/projects
Official launch of Tees Valley Congolese United with cultural events
> Our partnership
- Justice First (Anti deportation)
- Development Partners in Stockton on Tees
- Middlesbrough Council
> Our Funders
- BME Supporting kind
- Tees valley Community foundation
> Contact us
12 Paxton Close