African Organisation Living In North East (ACOLINE)
> Aims & objectives/Mission statement
The organisation was set up since August 2009.
The Organisation's aims and Objectives are:
- To provide free services that aims to support people of ethnic minority who live in the North of England in the interest of social welfare for the recreation and leisure time occupation with the object of improving condition of life and assisting them adapt with new communities.
- To provide assistance and help for those in need and promote goodwill and work in partnership with other organisations.
- To advance education and relieving financial hardship amongst those seeking asylum and those granted refugee status particularly.
> Why the organisation was set up?
To represent the interests of BME and other races and offering other services in the area and also sign post them to the relevant authorities living in the North East of England in the UK.
> Community served/membership
Everyone is free to be a member and there is no fee for membership.
> Nationality (es) of your membership
Our Organisation's membership is open to anyone who is over the age of sixteen who is willing to support the organisation's aims and objectives.
> Language(s) spoken by membership
English is the main language as members come from different countries.
> Current events and activities/projects
- Sewing Project
- Management Committee training
- Volunteers training
- Management Committee/Volunteers skill training in various courses
- End of Year Program
> Future events and activities/projects
We are a new organisation and presently we are planning to operate a Sewing Project.
Our future plans are to offer the following activities:
- A young people club
- ESOL skills for life classes
- Advice for women/parents and young people
- A healthy eating programme
- A crÃ¨che service
- IT classes
- Trips – for example to the Discovery Museum & other historical places
- Joint activities with other groups
- HIV/Aids and sexual health awareness sessions
> Contact us
219 Clara Street
Newcastle upon Tyne
Chester - Tel: 07849005506